Upholding the values of community, leadership, and excellence is a top priority for us at McCarthy Law. We want to make sure our clients always have access to beneficial legal services that will enrich their lives. Through our work, one of our goals is to show our deserving clients that they have our enduring support. However, we strive to apply that commitment to those outside of our client base.
Community service is one of our core tenets, and we put as much focus on our efforts to give back to the local community as we do in the quality of our services. One area that we hope to contribute to is the area of education. Seeking ways to empower the next generation of students has always been a top priority for us as experienced legal professionals. Excellence in law is ultimately about providing a service that can change lives for the better.
The McCarthy Law Scholarship will be presented to a talented student of exceptional academic merit. The scholarship is designed for ambitious students who are pursuing careers in the field of law. The ideal recipient will have an impressive academic record and is motivated to excel in an exciting and fulfilling legal career. Through this scholarship, we hope to give a commendable scholar the chance to achieve their next academic milestone.
- This scholarship is open to any student who is currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate, graduate, or professional program in the United States. This includes accredited community college students as well as high school seniors and students who possess a GED who have been accepted to or are enrolled in an accredited program.
- The scholarship applicant must be dedicated to pursuing a career in law and be able to demonstrate this commitment in their essay.
- All eligible candidates must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00 or above.
Essay Prompt & Questions
Respond to the following prompt and questions in an essay of 1,000 words or less:
- Describe an experience that made you first interested in law.
- What legal career are you pursuing and why?
- Tell us about a moment where your core beliefs were challenged.
Required Application Materials
- Current Resume in PDF format;
- Essay: 800-word minimum and 1,000-word maximum. Visual creativity encouraged; and
- Current, unofficial transcript.
Submission Deadline: July 30, 2022
All application materials must be submitted by this date
Award Announcement: August 31, 2022
Scholarship Amount: $1,000
Scholarship applicants must submit all application materials by email to: email@example.com
If you have questions, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.